Tuesday, July 30, 2013

5 Weeks Out | Too Close

First things' first, I got my stripper heels in the mail (LOL) and my suit, custom-made by Ravish Sands, is currently on its way! How exciting is that? And here's my current physique progress:

My physique 5 weeks out. Never been this lean in my life!! :)
 But other than that, shit's still hard. Why does everything want to happen during the last, most crucial weeks of competition prep? To say I'm drained is just a flat out lie - I'm wrung out dry - psychologically, emotionally, physically & financially. People around me are either of no help or just making things worse.
I am so sleepy. I am kept awake daily by responsibility, stimulant fat burners and caffeine. I need more sleep. I'm the only one who believes that, it seems.

It is getting so hard at this point. To say that this path is filled with trial and tribulation would be sugarcoating the severity of the situation..


Fat Burners

I've been taking Cellucor Super HD for 2 1/2 weeks now. It is purely supplemental for me, as my diet is the one responsible for the actual results. But... holy crap.

There is an extra dose of caffeine in it that's extra for me, since I've upped my caffeine consumption from a small coffee to a large. I don't know what's in it that is making me a complete irritable and angry person. Is this what pre-workout feels like? If so, I should be banned from pre-workout for life. The world does not need me on pre-workouts.

I'm peeing even more (think I went too much before?!) and I'm almost never bloated. My stomach is staying flat, and I feel the thermogenic effects. Some days I'm convinced I have a fever because my mouth feels hot and my temperature rises. But I'm fine. Just angry all the time. Other people don't help, of course.

I like the product but I have to say, I can't wait to cycle off it. It's driving me up the wall.

Non-Training Related Prep

I have to set up appointments for first-time contact lenses, hair, snag a free makeup tutorial at the local Sephora, custom spray tan, regular tanning sessions post-training at my gym, possibly a bikini wax or two (I am NOT looking forward to that at ALL), a mani/pedi which I've also never experienced before...

I also have to come up with a posing/stage routine for the show. I REALLY need to get on this since I still don't have one made up.

I have to buy my INBA membership card and pay registration fees and fill out & submit the form to them. I have to possibly purchase an instructional DVD so I'm not totally clueless on the flow of things when I compete. I also need to put away money for a drug test.. they need to make sure all the competing athletes are natty (ahem, natural).

I am finding that there people around me who are actually serious about coming to watch me compete. What the actual fuu?! I don't think I would be so nervous if I was just doing this by strangers. But I have friends and family who are serious about going. I might be more nervous of the fact that I make friends and acquaintances with a bunch of different people across many spectrums, and I don't feel right having them all in the same room because I'm used to people fighting or not getting along. God no, I would hate that! I need to be completely focused on bringing out the best stage presence, the best me I can possibly present in 5 weeks time. Ugh, maybe life was simpler when I was a true hermit.

That being said, I'm gonna make a public invite thingy on my facebook soon. Just so people start giving me money for their tickets so I can order them. And whoever wants to celebrate with me post-comp is welcome to. God this is scarier than actual prep or the thought of comp day itself... People always complicate things in my life.

If I had it my way, I'd just eat, sleep, be a mommy, read and draw, work out, be healthy, eat carbs post-workout, and go out with friends when I have free time and/or money. No bullshit. No drama or crying or dumb games. No worrying about if the things I'm saying or doing (for myself) are offending people, or if being friends with a particular person is going to upset another. For fuck's sake, I have enough problems. Stop having expectations of me, because I'm human too and I can't be perfect. Maybe this is why "not giving a damn" is the best policy for maintaining one's sanity - or so they say. I don't know.

5 weeks out. I need to bring out the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment