Monday, February 4, 2013

Winning.. but nowhere near finished!

I finally now have balls to post some progress pictures. Here's one.

What you see up there is a progress photo. Yes, I finally just swallowed my insecurities and did it. The left shows me on the beginning of January.. the beginning of my journey. The right side, believe it or not, was me this Saturday.

A lot of people have told me I've lost weight already and it's only been 4 weeks. I thought the rule was, it takes YOU 4 weeks to see changes, 8 for your close friends/loved ones and 12 for the rest of the world to notice. I guess I'm progressing quickly!

My ultimate goal though is to prevent plateauing. I need to shock my body frequently and have it blast fat and gain muscle simultaneously for the next 7 remaining months. So that means never settling into a routine, and constantly executing progression overload (increasing my weights week by week) so that I get an excruciating, effective workou

While I am proud of my progress, it is not time to get uber-excited (or complacent) just yet. Obviously, I still have a long way to go, I have many little goals between now and the actual competition that I must be able to check off, before I can get contest ready. I plan to get in really good shape by May though, since Anime Central is happening and DUH, I need to get in some amazing shape before cosplaying. (If I'm dressing up as super-awesome characters, I need to achieve that superhero/comic-book body by that time to be credible!) That'll just make it that much better when summer hits and we're all getting ready to hit the beach.. I want that moment of triumph. I'll work hard for it.

On a random note, I decided I'm going to make my cosplay from scratch (as much as I can possibly do) this year. I know it's not anime-related, but I really want to be Xena, the Warrior Princess. It will fulfill a deep-seated, long-desired, childhood dream! Not to mention, Xena inspires me to be strong inside and out, and to be a complete BAMF and be proud to be a woman.. a great thing to harness for fitness motivation as well!

I freakin' LOVE Xena.

(Yes, I'm saying Xena is my fitspo, or "fitspiration"... and that Superhero physique is what I'm going for. This blog is called Nerd Girl Fitness for a reason.)

I did P90X Isometric Abs with my friends today. Let me tell you, that was the most brutal ab workout I've ever experienced.. and it was only 15 minutes long. We were all screaming, complaining, and groaning, but we did it, we got through the entire thing. Needless to say, I am sore as hell now. With that said, I love that I'm exploring different modes of exercise other than just lifting weights.

When I have more time I will write a separate post on how my Carb Back Loading experiment is going. It's a whole 'nother ball park which requires much explanation. I'm on Day 4 of having only less than 30g of carbs. Every carb-laden food is torturing my olfactory senses in every way possible. Day 10 I will lift heavy and mark my words, I will eat the crap out of some Lou Malnati's pizza. Gods, I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment