Monday, April 8, 2013

April 3dp: dayEIGHT (& My New YouTube Channel)

As you can see, I changed the layout of this blog. This place needed more sprucing up.

Today is a few things: it is dayNINE of April's 30dayPUSH. It is also Week 2 of the PUSH.

And effective yesterday, I am 21 weeks out from the INBA 2013 PRO/AM Natural Universe, which I am set to compete in after all. It is to take place on August 31, 2013. It is a terrifying and exciting concept altogether.

But this post is really for yesterday, dayEIGHT. New week, new start, new goals.


WTF, You Started VLOGGING?!

I figure I'll explain more right now as I hinted at it in a previous post. Yes, I started a YouTube Channel, go see it @ my username: jeninalanzi.

I will warn you right now, I suck at making videos. Considering I've only made one, the level of suckiness is appropriately congruent. I was using my phone, since I do not really have a computer or a camera to record with (my 4th Macbook charger fried out, after only 3 times of use). I also think I sound very nasally and un-feminine, but hey, not everyone sounds as glorious as a breathy Celtic singer.

But ANYWAY! The first vLOG is me talking (ahem, rambling) about my journey during contest prep. I also lift up my shirt to show my belly button, aka progress. It is amateur at best and I really don't plan for all my future videos to suck as bad as this first one did. But it's a start.



dayEIGHT| Training

Yesterday, I mentioned my glycogen reserves were very full. I totally kicked butt during yesterday's glute & leg PM training. I somehow properly, but painfully, squatted 135x2 by accident (put on the wrong plates) and I was wondering why the hell I got weaker from the week before.. DURP. It was a good shock to my central nervous system, though. I went up 5lbs on my [new] regular though: 95 to 100. Yes, yes, and yes.

I worked my quads a lot yesterday, too. They used to be huge, but when I stopped lifting last year, due to surgery issues, my body kinda started eating away at them. So I did a few leg press sets, playing with different footing placements with each individual set to work different parts of my legs. Still at 95 (but only hit 95 last week) and still finishing each set by crawling out from underneath the damn machine. Dignity? What dignity?

I did a lot of bodyweight glute & hip accessory work to bring those muscles to failure as well. I also weighted up the same workouts on the floor. As always, on Mondays, my gym has a line out the door for benches & bars, so I wasn't able to do weighted hip thrusts until I went home and asked my little guy to sit on my stomach as my weight. Which is fine, he loves when I do this exercise: he calls it "Moving Table." So cute.

Then we checked out the park behind our apartment complex, and had a great evening together. He tried the crack brownie - I mean, the red velvet cheesecake brownie - I made yesterday. His face was priceless. It kills me to have to give all the leftover brownies away, since I am back on my ULC days, but I also love seeing the reactions on people's faces whenever they eat my food. The good outweighs the bad significantly in this case.

The thing I love about being healthy and venturing into fitness is, it makes me appreciate life more. I have a deeper appreciation for the small, easily-overlooked facets of life. It makes me look forward to every day. And in this case, I love it all, especially since I get to spend it being a mother to such an amazing little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment