Monday, April 8, 2013

Sunday Funday (a.k.a. Carb Nite)

With all the craziness that ensued last week (and Saturday, see post below), you can imagine that when I ended up having Sunday (yesterday) all to myself, I enjoyed the heck out of it. Oh yes, it was glorious..

It was sunny and warm out! I got to shop for new shampoo, conditioner & face wash without being rushed or yelled at to go look at toys! I went to the gym and took my sweet time stretching, training my back, getting my HIIT in pre-Carb Nite - and OH! It was CARB NITE! I don't know if I overdit it or it was just perfect, but I stuffed myself silly.


What DID I Eat?

For Carb Nite, I made pork sinigang (Filipino tamarind soup) with rice..



...Then it went downhill from there.

I ate half a box of kolacky's, then baked these dangerously divine Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownie cupcakes from scratch:


What have I done? These things are dangerous!

...Then, I ate a square of 60% dark Ghirardelli chocolate (in the middle of baking, when I was supposed to be melting the chocolate).. then I had a "date night" with my best girlfriend and we went out for pizza at Leona's, which had some absolutely delicious personal Sicilian pan pizzas (mine had green peppers & mushroom) and bread with lots of garlic butter. Then I went home and nibbled on some banana bread that I made for the family a while ago.

Needless to say, I crashed hard when I put my head on that pillow.


Aftermath

Today, my metabolic hormones are all re-set to fire, my glycogen stores are adequately filled up, and I'm going to use this day to crank out my heaviest training workload in the gym: Glutes & Legs. Let's see how heavy I can push today. I may not do HIIT until tomorrow, since I want those glycogen reserves to all flood to my legs & butt once I'm done with today. Sounds weird and gross, doesn't it? Well, I did something right last week and I looked REALLY good in the mirror by Tuesday morning. So, I'm going to repeat the experiment and see if it works again.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to work super-hard this week to empty my glycogen stores again, and really make my body burn its existing fat, due to all the carbs I inhaled last night. I foresee lots of heavy weights, soreness, and HIIT. Double time in the gym, and of course my designated 2 rest days. THIS WEEK though, I will actually try to get some REAL rest - as opposed ot just having a "day off" from the gym, only to do lots of cleaning and stressing out.

I have to get on stage, so I will do what I must to step on it. But I'm not superhuman (well, yet), so I need to make sure not to stress and enjoy the ride as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment